Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

DISTRICT COURT SURENDRANAGAR

Page Type

Surendranagar District Map

Surendranagar District Court Complex

In 1948, India achieved independence. At that time Surendranagar district was known as "Jhalawad District". The Jhalawad District was a part of Saurashtra State and at time the first District Judge of Jhalawad was Hon'ble Shri J.A.Baxi Saheb. Subsequently the Bombay state was enlarged to include Kutch, Saurashtra, and parts of Hyderabad state and Madhya Pradesh in central India. Subsequently Saurashtra became a part of Bombay State and in its Jurisdiction. According to the Notification No.SRO.1957/5329(ii)-III. of Home Department, State of Bombay, dated on 23rd March 1959, the "Jhalawad District is known as Surendranagar District with effect from 1st April, 1959. After that derived a new state as "Gujarat" divided from Bombay state. The Saurashtra was merged in the state of Gujarat and the Surendranagar district has been in existence. The District Court Building has been constructed in 1950 and the first District & Sessions Judge of Surendranagar was Hon'ble Shri M.B.Desai saheb and at present Hon'ble Shri D.A.JOSHI saheb, is presiding over as a District & Sessions Judge, Surendranagar from 12-05-2015.

Front Page: 
Yes