Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type

Satara District Court

Adalat Wada

From the period (days) of Ch. Shahu Maharaj till 1876 this premises was in use as a Civil Court.

New Rajwada

Constructed in the year 1844. It was in use as a court for the period from 1876 to 2-04-2003.

District Court

The above court building of Satara District Court was inaugurated on 2nd April 2003, at auspicious hands of Hon'ble The Chief Justice Shri C. K. Thakkar, Bombay High Court, (as his Lordship then was) on the auspicious day of "Gudi Padwa". The construction work of the building of Satara District Court was commenced in year 1996 and was completed in year 2003. Total area of court premises is 13460 sq.mtrs. and total area of court building is 4038 sq.mtrs. The Court building is situated at Eastern side of Satara city at a distance of approximately 1 km from NH-4. The building is situated in the Sadar Bazar Camp area and surrounded by the Collector Office, Treasury Office, Zilla Parishad Office and P.W.D. building. The Court building is very spacious/sophisticated consisting of 20 court halls. There are 11 Taluka Courts working under District Court Satara.

Front Page: 
Yes