Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type

Rewari District came into existence on 1st November 1989. It was carved out of the areas which were previously parts of Gurgaon and Mohindergarh districts. Rewari is an old city, popularly known as Brass City. It is situated at a distance of 82 Kms from Delhi in its south-west. Rewari district is surrounded by Jhajjar, Mohindergarh and Gurgaon districts of Haryana on its north, west and east sides respectively. It is bound by Alwar district of Rajasthan State on its southern side.

It is believed that there was a King named Rewat at the time of Kauravs and Pandavs. He had a daughter named Rewati whom the King used to address as Rewa. In her name the King founded a city named Rewa wadi. Rewa was lateron married with Balram, the elder brother of Lord Krishna and the city Rewa wadi was given by the King as dowry in her marriage. In the course of time, city Rewa wadi came to known as Rewari.

Rewari district consists of two sub divisions; Rewari and Kosli, three tehsils namely Rewari, Kosli and Bawal and five blocks named Rewari, Jatusana, Khol, Bawal and Nahar. For the purpose of criminal administration, the district has been divided in thirteen police stations namely City Rewari, Sadar Rewari, Rampura, G.R.P. Rewari, RPF, Rewari, Model Town, Rewari, Dharuhera, Kasola, Bawal , Khol, Kosli, Jatusana and Rohrari. There are 412 villages in this district, which are administered by 348 gram panchayats.

Honble Sir Shadi Lal, who had adorned the seat of Chief Justice of High Court of Judicature at Lahore from 1920 to 1934 and Member of Judicial Committee, Privy Council, London from 1934 to 1938, hailed from this place. Sir Shadi Lal was born in 1872 in a family well known not only in Rewari, but also in neighbouring areas. He passed away on 27.03.1945.

It cannot be said that Rewari had no contribution in the first struggle for independence in the year 1857. Rao Tula Ram and Krishan Gopal were the two warriors of this area who fought aggressively against the British rulers with the help Samrat Bahadur Shah Zafar. The land of Rewari is also called as Veer Bhumi because people of Rewari feel pride in serving the Indian Army.

Sessions Division at Rewari started functioning on 09.05.2005. Earlier to it, Rewari district was a part of Narnaul Sessions Division. At present besides the court of District and Sessions Judge at the district headquarter of Rewari, there are five courts of Additional District and Sessions Judge, one court of Civil Judge (Senior Division) Rewari, one court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Rewari, one court of Additional Civil Judge (Senior Division) Rewari, three courts of Civil Judges (Junior Division) Rewari. A court of Special Judicial Magistrate is also functioning here. Besides the aforesaid courts, Permanent Lok Adalat/Samjhauta Sadan is functioning at Rewari. District Bar Association has 1062 members enrolled with it.

At Sub Division Kosli, the court of Additional Civil Judge (Senior Division) was established five years ago and it was inaugurated on 22.10.2005 by Honble Mr. Justice D.K.Jain, the then Chief Justice Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh now Judge, Honble Supreme Court of India. 163 members are enrolled with the Bar Association, Kosli.

 

 

Name of the Nodal Officer

Designation

Contact Number

Email Id

Sh. Jasbir Singh

System Officer

01274-263004

sorwr@aij.gov.in

 

Front Page: 
Yes
Set Order: 
1