Aims and Objectives.
The Legal Services Act 1987 is basically aimed to provide free and competent legal Service to the weaker sections of the society to ensure that opportunities for securing justice are not denied to any citizen by reason of economic or other disabilities, and to organize Lok Adalats to secure that the operation of the legal system promotes justice on a basis of equal opportunity.
Creating legal awareness, legal Aid and Settlement of disputes through amicable settlement are the main functions of the Authority. Legal awareness programmes are taken up for empowerment of legal knowledge to all the citizens in general and to the weaker sections of the society in particular.
Various activities are taken up to reach the vulnerable sections of the society such as SC/ST, Women, Industrial Laborers etc., The Authority provides legal aid by way of providing the services of able and efficient services of Lawyers. Any person, who fulfills the criteria, is entitled for the legal Aid.
The Lok Adalats organized by the Authorities and the Taluk Committees help the disputing parties to come to settlement through Conciliation and such settlement reached before a Lok Adalat becomes a record having equal status to that of a judgment of the Court.
Lok Adalat in Ramanagara Dist started to work from year 2007. Usually, Lok Adalat is held every day.
Legal Aid Clinic
For every Working day: 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Alternative Dispute Resolution/Legal Aid Mediation Centre at the District :
The Mediation Centre at Ramanagara District is functioning in the room provided for District Legal Services Authority, District and Sessions Court, Ramanagara, Likewise, in the rooms provided for Taluk Legal Services Committees in the Taluk Head quarters.
District Legal Service Authority:
District Legal Service Authority is constituted after formation of District court at Ramanagara.
District Legal Service Authority, Ramanagara
- Chairman : Prl. District & Sessions Judge, Ramanagara.
- Member Secretary : OOD, Senior Civil Judge, Ramanagara
- Members : Deputy Commissioner, Ramanagara
- Members : Superintendent of Police, Ramanagara
- Members : ZP-CEO, Ramanagara
- Members : DGP, Ramanagara
- Members : Asst Director of Prosecution, Ramanagara
- Members : President of Bar Assosiation, Ramanagara
TALUK LEGAL SERVICES COMMITTEE, Channapatna
- Chairman : Senior Civil Judge and JMFC, Channapatna
- Member Secretary : Prl. Civil Judge and JMFC, Channapatna
TALUK LEGAL SERVICES COMMITTEE, Kanakapura
- Chairman : Senior Civil Judge and JMFC, Kanakapura
- Member Secretary : Prl. Civil Judge and JMFC, Kanakapura
TALUK LEGAL SERVICES COMMITTEE, Magadi
- Chairman : Senior Civil Judge and JMFC, Magadi
- Member Secretary : Prl. Civil Judge and JMFC, Magadi
The list of trained Panel Advocates, who are working with District Legal Service Authority are herewith enclosed.
1. Poornima L. V. 28. Ambika B.V
2. Nirmala T. R. 29. Dhananjaya K.
3. Sunilkumar K. B. 30. Hema M. N.
4. Lakshmamma T. 31. Prabhavathi M. A.
5. Anitha 32. Uma M. H.
6. Shobhavathi. R. K. 33. Krishnappa B.
7. Mani M. A . 34. Lokesh A
8. Sathisha P. Kanakapura
9. Jyothi H. D. 35. Gopalagowda K. C.
10. Chandrashekar T. M. 36. Anitha T. S.
11. Meenakshi M. T. 37. Mahalingaswamy B. L.
12. Ravikumar K. S. 38. Prameela M. V.
13. Devaraju 39. Kempegowda D.
14. Nanjegowda S 40. Kabbalaiah
15. Vijaykumar K. 41. Prakasha K.
16. Rudresh H. S. 42. Senaiah
17. Keerthi P. 43. Mahesh P.
18. Ashoka 44. Muniraju K.
19. Nagaraju S Magadi
20. Bhaskara Hegade C. K. 45. Girijamma M. D
21. Chandrashekar V. 46. Shilpashree R
22. Anusuya T. S. 47. Narashimamurthy V. L.
23. Hanumanthegowda S. 48. Narayanaswamy H.
24. Mahesh H. N. 49. Bharamananda T. R.
Channapatna 50. Jayaramu T. R.
25. Devaraju T. 51. Ravikala S. N.
26. Nagaraathnamma N. L. 52. Chikkadasappa T. C.
27. Savithammanni R. 53. Umesh S. G
54. Bharathi H. T.