Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

About Ramnagaram Court

Page Type

Ramanagaram History

Ramanagara Town was ruled by the British Officer "Sir Barry Close", (1756–1813), in pre-Independence times, hence Ramanagara was earlier called as CLOSEPET. It was renamed as RAMANAGARA by the former Chief Minister of Karnataka State Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah. The architect, builder and mentor of the present Bengaluru City Sri Kempegowda is from Magadi Taluk of Ramanagara District. The Ramanagara district which was part of the Bangalore Rural district was bifurcated and reconstituted in the year 2007 with the District Head Quarters at Ramanagara Taluk along with three other taluks viz., Channapatna, Kanakapura and Magadi. It has 130 Grama Panchayats and a population of 10,82,739 according to the censes of 2011. Ramanagara Town is situated along Bangalore - Mysore State Highway No.17 at a distance of 50 Kms from Bangalore. The town is located about 622.80 meters above the sea level and receptive of an average rainfall of 931.58 mm yearly. The Area is around 3,556 km (1,373 sq mi) The district has a population density of 303 inhabitants per square kilometre (780/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 5.06 %. The Gross Domestic Product of Ramanagara is 4930.21 Crores. The Per Capita is Rs. 39472. Ramanagara has a sex ratio of 976 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 69.2 %.

Court History

The Prl District and Sessions Court, Ramanagara was established on 1.10.2007 after the formation of New District of Ramanagara consequent on bifurcation of Bangalore Rural District in to Bangalore Rural and Ramanagara district . Earlier to formation of the District Court in Ramanagara there were Senior Civil Judge and CJM Court and Addl. Senior Civil Judge Court and Prl. Civil Judge (Jr.Dn) and JMFC Court at Ramanagara, later Addl. Civil Judge and JMFC was created in the year 2009. I Addl., II Addl. and III Addl. District & Sessions Courts got established in the year of 2013 in Ramanagara.

Other taluks viz.,

Channapatna, had one Prl. Civil Judge and JMFC Court and Additional Civil Judge and JMFC Court established in the year of 2007 and Senior Civil Judge and JMFC Court got established in the year of 2012.

Kanakapura and had one Prl. Civil Judge (Jr.dn) & JMFC Court until January 2009. One additional Court of Civil Judge and JMFC was created from 1.1.2009, Senior Civil Judge and JMFC and 2nd Addl Civil Judge and JMFC Court got established in the year 2014.

Magadi had one Prl. Civil Judge (Jr.dn) & JMFC Court until January 2009. One additional Court of Civil Judge and JMFC was created from 1.1.2009, Senior Civil Judge and JMFC Court and 2nd Addl Civil Judge and JMFC Court got established in the year 2014.

No. of Advocates

- 659

As per the details fetched from the Bar associations below are the details:-

  1. Ramanagara - 330

  2. Channapatna - 192

  3. Kanakapura - 97

  4. Magadi - 40

Jurisdiction

As per Notification No. LAW 210 LCE 2007 (PI) , dated 29. 9.2007 the jurisdiction of district court at Ramanagara shall be the area comprising revenue district of Ramanagara. consisting of revenue taluks of Ramanagara, Magadi, Kanakapura and Channapatna.

Infrastructure

  1. Judicial Service Centre.
  2. Video Conference Hall.
  3. Conference Hall.
  4. Computer Server room.
  5. District Legal Service Authority/Mediation Centre.
  6. Legal Aid Clinic.
  7. Primary Health Centre.
  8. Post Office.
  9. SBM Bank, Court Complex.
Front Page: 
No
Set Order: 
2