Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type

Koraput district was formed along with other districts with effect from 01.04.1936 at the time of formation of the State of Odisha. It is situated in the southern part of Odisha. Jeypore is one of the biggest town situated at a distance of 22 Kms from Koraput. It was earlier knows as Joypor which connotes “the city of victory” in the ancient time. The Maharaja of Jeypore was administrating justice with the help of a Coterie of intellectuals prior to establishment of any Courts.

As per the Notification No.10225J, Dated 17.12.1952 of the Government in LAW Department of Odisha, Bhubaneswar the Court of the District & Sessions Judge, Koraput at Jeypore has been established with effect from 1st January, 1953. Shri Anantaram Guru, B.L was posted as the first District Judge of the undivided district of Koraput at Jeypore. The Hon’ble Shri Justice B.K. Roy, Chief Justice, High Court of Orissa inaugurated the existing building of the District & Sessions Court at Jeypore. Besides that, the Court of Munsif-cum-SDJM, Jeypore has been established by virtue of Notification No.10223 dated 17.12.1952,Notification No 2757 dated 30.05.1958 of the Government in LAW Department of Odisha, Bhubaneswar and Notification No 14782 dated 19.05.1957 of the Government in the Home Department of Orissa, Bhubaneswar, with effect from 1st January, 1953.

The erstwhile Koraput district was comprised of four districts i.e. Nabarangpur, Rayagada, Malkangiri and Koraput. Now it has been quadrufied and the new judgeship of Nabarangpur, Rayagada and Malkangiri have been made functional w.e.f 22.10.2011, 07.07.2012 and 20.04.2013.

The Permanent Lok Adalat under the aegis of the District Legal Service Authority has been functioning at Jeypore. The Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre inaugurated by the Hon’ble Shri Justice B.K Misra, Judge Orissa High Court, Cuttack has been made functional w.e.f 21.04.2013 at Jeypore. Apart from this the Judicial Service Centre and Computer Server Room inaugurated by the Hon’ble Shri Justice B.K Misra, Judge Orissa High Court, Cuttack has also been functioning w.e.f 06.08.2012 to cater the needs of the litigants and to facilitate all type of services in respect of upto date proceedings of the Court.

Front Page: 
Yes