Constitution and Jurisdiction

Page Type

Creation

This Judgeship was carved out of Bhagalpur Judgeship in the year 1914. Originally it consisted of Munger, Begusarai, Khagaria and Jamui units. Begusarai, Khagaria & Jamui Judgeship were carved out of Munger Judgeship and came into existence on 30.10.1977, 23.03.1991, 19.03.2005 respectively.

 

In the year 1914 a full fledged District & Sessions Judge Court was established in Munger and Mr. R.L. Dutt had the honour to preside over the honorable Chair of the District & Sessions Judge Munger on January, 1914.

 

The present Judgeship of Munger consists of three revenue districts Munger Sadar, Lakhisari & Sheikhpura.