Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type


History

Nuh is the district headquarters of the Mewat district in the Indian state of Haryana. It lies on the Delhi-Alwar highway and is about 45 kilometres from Gurgaon.The town assumed importance in the time of Bahadur Singh of Ghasera because of the trade in Salt which was manufactured in the neighbouring villages. To the west of the town is a masonry tank of red sandstone with a chhatri possibly connected with the name of Chuhi Mal, adorned with floral designs. The tomb of Sheikh Musa combines the Muslim and Rajput forms of architecture, and is at a distance of about 2 and a half kilometres from town. Nuh, the headquarters of the Tehsil of the same name and having an altitude of 190 meters, is situated about 45 km south of Gurgaon on Delhi-Alwar Road. It lies in 28" 06' 19" North Latitude and 77" 00' 09" East Longitude. The town assumed important in the time of Bahadur Singh of Ghasera because of the trade in Salt which was manufactured in the neighboring villages. To the west of the town is fine masonry tank of red sandstone with a chhatri possibly connected with the name of Chuhi Mal, adorned with beautiful floral designs. The tomb of Sheikh Musa, an example of the combination of Muslim and Rajput architecture, is at a distance of about two km and half from town. It is famous for its shaking minarets. The shaking of the minarets can be distinctly felt. There are two monuments in village Kotla about 6.5 km south of Nuh. These are 'MOSQUE' and the tomb of Bahadur Khan Nahir. In these buildings, red sandstone and Grey quartzite are skillfully combined in a very effective and well-built structure. Over the ruined gateway is an inscription giving the date of its building as A.D. 1392-1400

Front Page: 
Yes
Set Order: 
1