Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type

HISTORY ABOUT KOKRAJHAR JUDICIARY

Originally the erstwhile Judgeship of Kokrajhar District was under the District of Goalpara with Head-Quarter of Dhubri which was under the than District and Sessions Judge of Lower Assam District (L-A-D) with Head quarter at Guwahati. The Court of Kokrajhar was opened on 1951 as EAC and Magistrate Court . After few years the Munsiff Court was opened on 16-10-1954. In the year , 1983 the Kokrajhar District was Separated from the District of Goalpara . The C.J.M Court was functioning from the year 1983. The Court of District & Sessions Judge was opened on 24-05-1986. The Civil Judge & Asstt. Sessions Judge and Addl. C.J.M Court was opened in the year, 1999. The Addl. District & Sessions Judge (F.T.C) was functioning from the year 2001. There are Seven Judicial Courts in Kokrajhar District and are functioning very smoothly.

Front Page: 
Yes