Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History of Lakhimpur Kheri Judgeship

Page Type

Kheri judgeship was created with effect from 13.9.1955. Before it, it was in Sitapur Sessions Division. Sitapur Sessions Division was comprising with District Sitapur and Kheri. At Kheri only two courts were permanently functioning, one was of Court of Munsif and the other was Court of Civil and Sessions Judge District & Sessions Judge Sitapur had his camp office at Kheri in Building, in which at present residence of District Judge is situated. Whenever there was increase of Civil and Criminal work, one Addl. Court also used to function here. The Civil court building at Kheri was constructed in 1932, consisting of five court rooms, Nazarat, Record Room, English Office, Library and other connected offices. New Court building consisting of 12 courts rooms were constructed in the year 1980. As present the sanctioned strength of the Courts is 23. Sanctioned Strength of class III is 158 and class IV is 107. On 28.11.1983 outlying court at tehsil Mohammdi was also created. Presently one Civil Judge (JD) and one Addl. Civil Judge (JD) are posted at Mohammdi to function

Front Page: 
Yes
Set Order: 
3