History of Courts
– First Court in Jhajjar was established in 1919. That was a touring court, which was set up for 15 days in Jhajjar and 15 days at Sonepat. Sh. Ahmad Shah Gilani, was designated as Judicial Magistrate, IV-Class, in 1936. Court of Addl. District & Sessions Judges were established on 13.8.1998.
District Courts, Jhajjar came into existence on 6.3.2008 with Sh.V.P.Bishnoi being designated as first District & Sessions Judge, Jhajjar. Presently there are three courts of Additional District & Sessions Judges, court of Civil Judge (Senior Division), Chief Judicial Magistrate, court of Addl. Civil Judge (Senior Division) and court of Civil Judge (Jr. Divn.). It is situated in Gurgaon Road, Judicial Complex, Near Mini Secretariat, Jhajjar. The District Bar Association has also gron in strength and presently there are about 558 Advocates enrolled as members of District Bar Association.
A sub division is also located a Bahadurgarh, which is attached with the National Capital Delhi. There are two courts, one of Additional Civil Judge (Senior Division) and one court of Civil Judge (Junior Division). Bar Association at Bahadurgarh are about 250 Advocates enrolled as members of Sub Division Bar Association.