जिला एवं सत्र न्यायालय दुर्ग में तृतीय एवं चतुर्थ श्रेणी के रिक्त पदों में भर्ती के विज्ञापन हेतु
Latest Announcement देखें
On 1st April 1948 Civil District Raipur was divided and Civil District named Durg at Rajnandgaon came in to existence. Shri P.V.Lele was the first District & Sessions Judge of District Durg at Rajnandgaon in the year 1948. The District Rajnandgaon came into existence on 26th Jan' 1973, by way of division of District Durg and Civil District Rajnandgaon came into existence on 12th April 1975 by way of division of Civil District Durg. Till the shifting the Office of the District and Sessions Judge was at Rajnandgaon. The foundation of existing Durg District Court Building was laid by Hon'ble Shri Justice Prabhakar Keshav Tare, Chief Justice of Madhya-Pradesh on 17th January 1974 and Building was inaugurated on 09 February 1977 by Hon'ble Shri Justice Shivdayal Parmeswar Dayal Shrivastav Chief Justice of Madhya-Pradesh.
Location & Geographical
Status of the District Durg The District Durg is in the central part of Chhattisgarh. The District headquarter Durg is on the Mumbai - Howrah line of South Eastern Central Railways. The N. H. 6 (G. E. Road) also passes through the town of Durg. The nearest airport to the District is at Mana (Raipur), about 59 Kms away. It is about 3 Kms from Durg Junction Railway station and 1/2 Km from New Bus Stand. Taxi, Autorikshaw, Rikshaw and Tanga are available to reach District Court.
ABOUT DISTRICT DURG
In the Tretha Yug Durg was well known as Shivadurga of 'Dakshin Kaushal' Province. In the Hindu Granth 'Ramayana', Maharaja Dasharatha Of Uttar Kaushal married with Kaushalya, the daughter of Maharaja Kaushal. It's apparent that the District Durg was included in Ashoka's Empire.However, the first exact reference with regard to the word "Durg" comes around the 8th century A.D. through two stone inscriptions; which is deposited in the Raipur Museum. The First inscription mentions the name of a Maharaja Shiva Deva. The 2nd inscription associates the name of Sivapura with that of Maharaja Shiva Durga, indicating thereby that during Maharaja Shivadeva's reign the town and the fort were separate. The present name "Durg"is evidently a contraction of the old shivadurga, which he built. The river on whose banks stands the present town is also called "Shivnath River". With the coming of the Kalachuri dynasty of Tripuri in A.D. 1182, Durg came under their Maharajadom. From then on it remained under the Kalachuries, till 1742 A. D. when the Marathas deposed them.In 1877, after the Marathas lost the IIIrd Anglo- Maratha War, the tract of Chhattisgarh passed into British hands. Caption Edmonds was the First British Officer posted in Chhattisgarh as Collector and Magistrate to carry on the administration. For the purpose of Administration Durg was attached to Bhandara District (now in Maharashtra) but in 1857 it was separated and made into a tehsil of Raipur district to which it remained attached till 1906.In 1906 Durg was created as a separate district. The Collectorate building was built in the year 1907. Interestingly, cement was not used in the construction of the collectorate building, instead a mixture of limestone, gum, sand and fruit pulp was used as the binding agent. Today even though 100 years have gone by, the collectorate building stands strong as it might have been built yesterday. Soon after, 350 acres (140 ha) of land from Kasaridih Village, was acquired by the government to build official residences. It is on this land that we find today's Civil Lines, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla Stadium, Chaupati, Rajendra Park, New Bus Stand, Municipal Corporation Office, Polytechnic College and the Surana Law College.