Click here to download Mobile App for Android

Click here to download Mobile App for iOS

History

Page Type

The place that “Mahanju Daru and Harappan” civilization has in Indian history, the same place with history of Dugha Nagar and Udha Nagar civilization has in the history of Bhadarwah. 

In 1841 AD Bhadarwah became part of J&K state. When Maharaja Partap Singh was crowned as king of Jammu and Kashmir, he gifted Bhadarwah to his younger brother Raja Amar Singh as “Jagir”. The Jagir  comprised of Bhadarwah, Bhallesa and the vast area left of river Chenab from Thathri up to Khellani (Doda). 




The Jurisdiction of District Doda consist of four Talukas namely Disrtrict Court Bhaderwah, Addl. District Court Doda, Munsiff Court Thathri and Munsiff Court Gandoh. Court Complex Bhaderwah was the court of Sub Judge since 1947 and  at the time District Doda is the part the Udhampur. The place had been used as court from Maharaja's period. In 1950's the Sub Judge Court was burnt and it was reconstruted in 1952-53. 


Pr. District & Sessions Court of Distrcit Doda came into existence in 1964 and is situated at Bhaderwah where as the Disrtict Headquarter is at Doda. At that time 1964 the powers of ADM was transferred to Doda City. 
In 2000-01 Munsiff Court Bhaderwah came into existence. At present the Distrcit COurt Bhaderwah consists of Pr. District & Sessions Court, Sub Judge Court and Munsiff Court.

Front Page: 
Yes